Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thoughts

I can't believe it's almost...March? Am I right? WOW! Let me check my calendar again...yep! Only a few more days and it will be March. Time has been flying!!

I'm so excited to graduate. I can't believe I've come this far. God has been so good...so good I can't even start to wonder why He could be so loving and gracious to me. I don't deserve what He's done for me so far this year. I've failed Him so many times just in the past 2 months! Yet, as is just like Him, God picks me up, dusts me off, forgives and forgets, and gives me just enough strength to make it through the next day, the next trial, the next temptation.

God's eye is on the sparrow. A tiny little bird that can't talk, doesn't have a soul, and eats bugs. God's eye is on the flowers...the tiny beautiful flowers that get crushed under people's feet. If GOd watches over even the smallest of His creation, how much more will He care for those who are made in His image? We have nothing to fear, nothing to worry about. When we worry, we try to add hours to the day, we try to conjure up images of money and food and wealth of other sorts. We try to carry our own burdens and follow our own will. We, like Peter as he walked on water, take our eyes off of Jesus in the middle of the raging storm. This mistake of putting our trust in ourself causes us to begin sinking. It is vital to keep our focus totally and completely on God. We should be able to walk out into the crashing waves because we trust that God will uphold us. Why should we fear? Has not God been in control from the first moment of forever? Why would He fail us now? He will forever be in control while forever loving us and caring and providing for us. We need only to rest in Him. Trials will only make us more like Him because in those trials we will have nowhere else to turn but to our ultimate source of strength...the Lord. He is good. His mercies are new every morning. His faithfulness is great. Our God is good. Forever.

No comments: