Friday, February 20, 2009

O Great God

Oh great God of higest heaven
Occupy my lowly heart
Own it all and reign supreme
Conquer every rebel power
Let no vice or sin remain
That resists your holy war
You have loved and purchased me
Make me your forever more

I was blinded by my sin
Had no ears to hear your voice
Did not know your love within
Had no taste for heaven's joys
Then your spirit gave me life
Open uo your word to me
Through the gospel of your son
Give me endless hope and peace

Help me now to live a life
That's dependent on your grace
Keep my heart and guard my soul
From the evil that I face
You are worthy to be praised
With my every thought and deed
Oh great God of highest heaven
Glofiry your name through me


This song is one of my prayer. God is great, and I am small. I want Him to reign in my, crush all the things that would draw me from Him, and glorify His name through what I do and say. He can take this sinful mess and use it for His glory. Oh great God, how I love you!

No comments: