Friday, February 20, 2009

Lamentations 3:22-25

This amazing hymn was taken from a passage in Lamentations that I've grown to love.

22It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Great is thy faithfulness, O God, My Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee.
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not;
As thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.

Great is thy faithfulness, Great is thy faithfulness;
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Great is thy faithfulness, Great is thy faithfulness;
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.


This song talks about God's faithfulness...He WILL NOT fail us at all. His promises will be carried out.

That's one thing I've been rebuked about. The Bible says that God is not willing that any should perish, that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much, that He has the power to save, etc. I've been praying that a friend of a friend will come to know Christ as His person Savior from his sins. I've been so burdened about him lately...just knowing that he could die at any second and go to hell for the rest of time. It really gets me. My heart hurts knowing that he has heard the entire gospel, he believes that it's true, but he hasn't confessed and accepted Jesus' free gift. I've been praying with tears lately that he'll get past that point of thinking what he has is good enough and realizing that he really needs God. I think for a while I didn't really believe that God would fulfill His promises because this young man was so far it seemed. But then I realized I was being stupid and that God was still working...the whole time. I don't know why I lost that bit of faith in God...he's so faithful! He never stops being faithful. Great is Thy faithfulness, this song speaks of. It even talks about a pardon for sin...how silly of me.

But, in all that, God's mercies are new. He forgave my disbelief when I asked Him if He would, and renewed my mind. It's in times like these that I really begin to realize His faithfulness and mercy and grace on a deeper level. It's amazing...amazing. His compassions fail not, He never changes.

Great is Thy Faithfulness!

No comments: