Friday, February 27, 2009

Quotes, A Poem, and Some Sayings

I've been thinking of quotes in the last few days...here are some that have just popped into my mind with a little revision...

When my voice is silenced by death, may the life I leave behind still speak of Christ.

Sometimes God allows clouds to cover up the sun so that, in faith, we might still believe the sun is there.

When the burden seems to hard to bear, lift your eyes to the cross. There you'll see that Jesus already bore it for you.

If I were to write a book about all the ways God has been good to me, it would take until the end of eternity.

Don't pray in the hard times if you don't pray when all is well.

God never promises that we won't have trials in our lives, but He does promise that when they come, His grace will be enough.

When we walk by faith, we walk the path that Jesus has already bush-wacked.

If you put our eyes on yourself for just one second, that means that you take your eyes off of Jesus. Do that, and you're sure to sink.

Every day before you set one foot out of bed, be sure to rededicate your day to Christ.


Here is a poem I wrote a few days ago...

When I feel the world around me,
Crushing me, the foe is strong.
To the cross my eyes ascend,
In the fight I hear it's song:

"I have died so you might live
I have suffered for your sin
Though the battle rages on, child
I've the vic'try, we will win"

I believe, Lord, in this promise.
You are strong to face the foe.
I will raise my sword in triumph,
So your power I may show.

Every day I face temptation,
In this fight my hope secure,
That I've Jesus fighting with me.
In Him victory is sure.


I found this quote in a biography I read about Isobel Kuhn, a courageous missionary to China....

Often on the Rock I tremble,
Faint of heart and weak of knee;
But the steadfast Rock of Ages
Never trembles under me.

This quote just speaks to me in so many ways! It's so triumphant and totally sure. Completely unwavering. Steadfast. Not moving. Secure. My Jesus.

One last thing I read in a biography of George Muller, a missionary in England in the 1800's. This quote stood out to me because I want to start an orphanage. He was a true man of faith. I desire to be a true woman of faith...

"Lord, is it really possible that You will provide whatever I ask You for--especially concerning the orphan house? I praise you, Lord. Truly You are great and greatly to be praised that a mere man can ask of You, the God of the universe, and receive whatever he asks. Help me to be faithful to Your calling, Lord."

1 comment:

Nitalinb said...

Hey, I found this trying to discover the author of the poem in Isobel Kuhn's book, and I was impressed by your poem. Why, it has rhythm! But the sentiment is even better, and your consecration to my Saviour. May he bless you in all you do.