Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Babies

I've been dreaming (literally) for the past few years about starting an orphanage in China. I am planning on going to Korea to teach English for 2 years first (I find out really soon if I get hired!!) and then I want to go back to my beloved China.

God has put such a strong desire in my heart to help the people over there. I know that there are many Christians in China already, but if you think of the size of the land and the amount of people, there are so many that haven't even heard the gospel. My heart is tugged toward the people that live in mountain caves. The children who were abandoned because of defects or because their parents died or for many other reasons. God loves them so very much, and they need to hear about His saving grace and how they can know Him as their Savior and Lord.

I guess some people would say that my intentions are noble. Some people would say I can't do it with just one person. But why should I put limitations on God? Why should I wait until more people want to join me for the cause of Christ and for spreading the news of His love? Yeah, I'm just one person, but if I keep a negative mindset that one person can't do much, where will I get? Nowhere. But if I hold tightly onto the faith that God can take one lowly nobody and do great and amazing things in the world if the person is compeltely willing to be fully used by God. Maxed out. Shoved in. Spent in every way. That is the person who God wants to use. And I want to be that person.

There's the fear of the unknown and of leaving what you know for a strange place. But God's grace is enough. He promises to give me perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3+4). He promises that his grace is sufficient, that his power is made perfect in weakness. He commands those who follow him to take up there cross and forsake everything to be wholly devoted to Him. This is the cry of my heart, and I wish there were more people that would join me.

I'm not perfect in any sense, and I think that some people look at you as looking down on them or calling them unspiritual for not wanting to leave their comfort zone. That's not the case. I think God leads and He equipps where He leads. It's different for everyone. God uses who He will where He will. And I'm that person!

No comments: