Friday, February 13, 2009

Just Because of Love

1 John 3:1 "How GREAT is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"

I love the word "lavished." It just seems so...much! Bunches and bunches spread all over the place. Beautiful and continuous! The flow of love never stops...it goes on forever. It spills everywhere, all over us and fills us to overflowing!

John 15:15 "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his Master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I have learned from my Father, I have made known to you."

Friends of God....the ultimate friend! He teaches us freely, and shows Himself in many ways to us that we don't deserve to see. We were once slaves to sin, but now we're freed friends to righteousness and holiness!

Isaiah 30:18 "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice, blessed are all who wait for Him!"

It says he LONGS to be gracious...have you ever longed for something? (China haha)...God longs infinity times more to be gracious...to pour out grace on us even if we're undeserving. He shows compassion on our sinful state. We are called BLESSED who wait for Him!

Hebrews 4:15-16 "For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our weakness, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

He's been tempted to give up, to give in, to fear, etc. etc. by the devil, by men...but he didn't! He's forever been without sin!!! What a perfect example to us when we're tempted to worry or distress about what tomorrow brings...Jesus didn't, and he does everything for us, so we shouldn't!! He will help us in our time of need.

Isaiah 46:11 "What I have said, that will I bring about. What I have planned, that will I do!"

AH HA! What has he said? "I will never leave you or forsake you" "I will give you perfect peace" "I will uphold you" "I will never permit the righteous to be moved"...what has he planned? Only good for his children. Trials that bring about good by drawing us to a better knowledge of him. A path that is narrow...hard at times...but that leads to never ending joy and peace. A grace that is so much greater than ALL our sins smushed together and blown up a million times! AMAZING LOVE! How can it be? That you my King should die for me. Amazing love! I KNOW it's true. And it's my JOY to honor you in ALL I do!

"Grace Unmeasured"

Grace unmeasured, vast and free,
That knew me from eternity,
That called me out before my birth,
To bring You glory on this earth.
Grace amazing, pure and deep,
That saw me in my misery,
THat took my curse and owned my blame,
So I could bear Your righteous name.

Grace
paid for my sins and brought me to life.
Grace
Clothes me with pow’r to do what is right.
Grace
leads me to heav’n where I’ll see Your face
and never cease to thank You for Your grace.

Grace abounding, strong and true,
That makes me long to be like You,
That turns me from my selfish pride
to love the cross on which You died.
Grace unending, all of my days,
You’ll give me strength to run this race;
And when my years on earth are through,the praise will all belong to You.

Grace
paid for my sins and brought me to life.
Grace
Clothes me with pow’r to do what is right.
Grace
leads me to heav’n where I’ll see Your face
and never cease to thank You for Your grace.

No comments: