Sunday, February 22, 2009

I desire and I delight in my God

"Desire God like a man with his head on fire desires water."

I love that quote. It's a funny picture, but it's SO true. If my head was on fire, I would be screaming and completely dunking myself in the water. That's how it should be with God. We should fall totally into Him and submerse ourselves in who He is. We should desire Him so much that we can't get enough of His word and His love. We should desire to give back to Him all the love He's given us. We should be so disgusted by sin that we don't even desire it anymore. Our desires should be only towards God.

"By this I know you delight in me. My enemy will not shout in triumph over me." Psalm 41:11

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

"I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8

Our delight and our desire is God.

"Whom have I in Heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire beside you." Pslam 73:25

No comments: