Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In My Weakness

He is strong!

I find myself at a loss for words...I can't really understand how I can have so much love in my heart for God and for certain people, but not for others (or at least that I don't show.) It's not as though I hate them or wish wrong on them, but I've just always been so critical. I grew up being sarcastic and no edifying. The tongue is untamable...but I want to tame it.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

That's it! Building up...not tearing down! Why is it such a hard concept. It's going to be brain retraining for me. I don't want words and tones of voice to just slip out as they're used to doing. I want my words to be confident in God...words He would use. And I want them to stop tearing down those around me.

Pray for me in this area, please!

No comments: