Friday, March 20, 2009

Poems

GOD, I ASK

God, I ask why?
My human heart can't understand!
But I have confidence in you
I know that by your grace
I'm safe in your mighty hand

God, I ask where?
My feet don't know where they should go!
But I have confidence in you
That you will lead me where
Your perfect will has called me to

God, I ask how?
My mortal strength is gone, I'm weak!
But I have confidence in you
That you will give to me
From your hand all the strength I need

God, I ask what?
I do not have the words to speak!
But I have confidence in you
That you will speak through me
And that my tongue your grace will lead

God, I say yes!
Just send me where you need me now
For I have confidence in you
That if I give my life
You will use this sinner some how

ON MY KNEES

The power of prayer, I know it well
I see God's love at work in me
Though others doubt, in God I trust
I'll live this life upon my knees

It's pressing on when people fail
And waves arise and break on me
It's lifting up my voice to God
It's living life upon my knees

The power of prayer, to win the lost
To open blinded eyes to see
It's God who hears my earnest pleas
When I live life upon my knees

And when I reach that glorious shore
My Savior's face I'll finally see
I'll praise His name forever more
Before His throne upon my knees

No comments: