Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sacrifice of Mercy

Another one I wrote

Oh the beauty of a place called Calvary
A more perfect love has not been shown
So every soul through the ages might be free
The King left His Father and His throne

With the price of your life you bought me from my sin
When your compassionate heart heard my dying plea
And now as I fall on my face before your cross
I can only thank you for your sacrifice of mercy

For eternity I’ll shout unending praise
With saints that will gather at your feet
We will join all our voices in a perfect song
When your work of salvation is complete

Because of your matchless grace I did not deserve
A home up in glory you’re preparing for me
And then when I fall on my face before your throne
I’ll forever thank you for your sacrifice of mercy

No comments: