Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Good Word

Why is it so easy for us to seek the praise of men? To work for men. To try for men. To live for the approval of those around us.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Sometimes I forget and take my eyes off the prize. But really, the only person I'm trying to please is God. Even if I never receive thanks or praise for doing something small over and over and over and over...it's ok. Because the only thing I'm working for is "Well done good and faithful servant. You have been faithful...enter into the joy of the Lord." Even if I face ridicule, it's ok. I don't need men's approval or thanks or praise or anything. I'm supposed to be brought low, humbled, and needy so God can be lifted up, exalted, and be shown wealthy. The King of all. I don't need anything but HIm, and I don't need anything from men.

No comments: