Thursday, March 19, 2009

In the Land of Fadeless Day

Here's a song that I've really come to love. It's an old, beautiful hymn that really speaks to my heart. I can't wait to go to this place where there is no night. Where God is, and I can praise Him forever without end.

In the land of fadeless day
Lies the city four-square;
It shall never pass away,
And there is no night there.

God shall wipe away all tears;
There's no death, no pain, nor fears;
And they count not time by years;
For there is no night there.

All the gates of pearl are made
In the city four-square;
All the streets with gold are laid,
And there is no night there.

And the gates shall never close
To the city four-square;
There life's crystal river flows,
And there is no night there.

There they need no sunshine bright,
In that city four-square;
For the Lamb is all the light,
And there is no night there.


What a beautiful description that can't even begin to describe Heaven's glory! I honestly can only imagine and then times my imaginations by infinity because that's how beautiful Heaven will be! I'm not afraid of death for Christ's sake. Pain will be temporary and nothing can compare to the glory that waits.

1 comment:

robert said...

Thanks for posting the words to John Clements' beautiful hymn about heaven. Today is the 63rd anniversary of his death, and he is now able to enjoy the "land of fadeless day" he wrote of long ago.

If you enjoy learning about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.