Thursday, March 19, 2009

Death Is

I just finished reading about John and Betty Stam, and of course I cried. THeir life was so short, but so passionate and they just really persevered. It's like...we shouldn't ask God to prolong our life here on earth so we can have more time to tell people about Him and see people saved, but rather we should beg Him to use what little time we have in a spectacular way. I WANT to go to Heaven, but I also want to stay here, but I know that no matter what happens, it'll be just right and perfect.


Death is precious life eternal

Free from sin and guilt and fear

Death is seeing Jesus' glory

Knowing He's forever near

Death is casting off our sorrow

And then taking up our crowns

Death is worshiping forever

As we lay our burdens down


Death is home, our place in Heaven

And a new name all our own

Death is seeing God exalted

Lifted high upon His throne

Death is saints who've gone before us

That we'll meet on streets of gold

Death is singing praise to Jesus

As His radiance we behold

Death is nothing save amazing

For we'll see our King of Grace

No, I have no fear of dying

When I've bravely run this race

As the sin on earth surrounds me

And I long for Heaven above I will wait for that great moment

When death brings me home to love

No comments: