Friday, December 26, 2008

Let It Snow

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I'm sick of snow. I wouldn't be if I had a four wheel drive really high off the ground vehicle. :D Like that would ever happen...hey, I can dream, can't I? It's STILL snowing here...very hard. And it has been for about 3 days now. Crazy crazy. I just hope we make it back to school on time...or do I wish that? ;) As the song goes...let it snow, let i snow, let it snow!

Christmas was nice and quiet. Rather uneventful, but a good time spent with family. The grandparents couldn't up as they usually do because of the snow, so we are postponing the traditional turkey dinner until the weather lets up a bit. and they are able to join us. For Christmas day (I laugh still), we had a true Janke dinner...fondue. How drole it is to me...maybe you have to be a Janke to understand. Well, I got sharpies (which I LOVE), a note pad and book of inspirational quotes, some yum yum and then some body wash, and a wee spot of money. There were only two things that I really wanted...a camera and to travel...but those were a little out of reach this Christmas what with school bills and all. What more could I ask for, though, than to be home with family...safe and loved. God is good.

God is still good. Very good. He's teaching me patience, thankfulness (lets just say I detest my job, but I'm working on being thankful for the money that I know I need and the job that God has so graciously given me.) I'm learning more about me and how I tick and a lot about how I communicate with God. This is good because I can tap into the positive aspects of my communication with Him and make them even better and stronger.

I NEED that relationship with God more than I need to breathe. I look around the world at people who have tragedy in their lives, and they cry out with the feeling of hopelessness. Well, here I am knowing full well that I don't have to worry about what life will bring because I have a God who is bigger than any problem that could come my way. Those who don't know this perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3+4) are lost in confusion and doubt, faithlessness and self-pity. I admit that I don't always fully trust what I know if fully there and ever-strong, but God forgives me when I doubt and makes me trust Him even more. Now, my job is to share with the rest of the dying world the hope that I possess inside. The hope that gets me through every hour and every day even when I feel like the world is falling in on me. Why would I not want to share that? Why would anyone not want to? How can I keep silent? My God, how can I keep from singing Your praise?

No comments: