Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Gave It Up

No question about it, I'm ready to student teach. Last night I wasn't...no siree! I had been giving advice to a friend about accepting God's peace while making important life decisions and praying that God will take care of everything and that God's will shall be done. Well, here I am giving this advice, but I'm stressing big time about my senior year student teaching. Last night I was having a hard time falling asleep, so I started to pray. I prayed for friends and family, safe travels back to school for me and a lot of other people, health of grandparents, etc. I usually save praying for myself until last, and so I did the same this time. Somehow I got praying about student teaching. Tears came to my eyes as I realized how small I was making God. I was letting my anxiety get in the way of His strength in my situation. The hymn popped into my head, "All your anxiety, all your care. Bring to the mercy seat, leave it there. Never a burden He cannot bear, never a friend like Jesus." I asked forgiveness for doubting God's power, and then I asked Him to fully take my burden of worry and feelings in inadequacy, and I asked Him to let me fall back into His arms and rest while letting Him steer through life. I realize I'll have to work, that's life, but I won't have to worry while I work.

Psalm 55:22
"Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you: He will never suffer the righteous to be moved."

Psalm 28:7
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song I will praise Him."

God took away all my fear and replaced it with all His peace. He took away all my weakness and replaced it with all His strength. I am grateful to Him.

So, I head back to school tonight. I get to see my grandparents one last time before I have to leave, which is nice because I don't know how long they'll be around for. Then, it's off to school (3000 miles away) and the store so I can furnish my new apartment. I'm pretty excited about that.

Yes, I am student teaching. Like I said, I was afraid, but not anymore. There will be a lot of work to do, but God's gotten me to my senior year, so pretty sure He can get me past that. I'll try to stay updated as I go through life. Typing just seems to take so long... :) Ta ta for now.

No comments: