Thursday, August 21, 2008

He's All of Our Best Friends

I just got to thinking as I sit here waiting to board the 3 hour shuttle ride to my 6 hour plane ride, that God is our best friend. Obviously we know that, but I mean, think about it. He's never late and His phone would never be off (if He had one), He's never sleeping so we can talk to Him whenever, He never gets tired of our questions, He never says, "I've had enough" when we mess up, He doesn't laugh at our "stupid questions," even if we have no one else then He's there, He never gets mad and gives us the silent treatment, He never forgets (whether it be something we've asked or something else like that), He always listens, He always has the best adivce, there's no job that's too hard for Him, He can help us out of any situation, He's always watching out for us, He DIED for us, and the list goes on.

If we really think about all the things God does for us, we'd have to love Him more. But what is love, exactly? A feeling? Nope. In the Bible, love is clearly actions. Be partient, kind, don't envy or boast, don't be proud, etc. Those are all things we DO not FEEL. So, how do we show love back to God for all the things He's done for us? We keep His commandments (yup, the 10 and all the others throughout scripture,) we build our relationship with Him through Bible reading and prayer. Basically, we do back to Him all the things we does to us. We can never pay back all the love He's given to us, but we can keep on showing it through everything we do.

So, next time you tell Him or someone else that you love God, think about what you're saying. Do you really love Him (aka showing it) or is it just something convenient to say to make people believe that you do? I know that I often say those 3 special words, but I'm not living my life like I really do love my Jesus. I do love Him, and I want to do all that I can to show it. Just like I would show it to my boyfriend or my parents and siblings. That's the challenge for you. Show your love to God, dont' just say it.

No comments: