Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm Back!

Here I am, back again after a long blurp of not writing. God's been doing sooooo much in my life, and I'm just bursting with wonder! First off, I'm ALMOST done student teaching! Yeah, back to those older posts in which I'm worrying about starting it...that's how long it's been since I've written. But seriously, I'm doing really well. I've gotten awesome and encouraging feedback from my teacher and supervisor, and I'm excited to see the final product. I've learned so much about my abilities, my weaknesses, working with others, my teaching skills, organization, commuincation, and most of all...about how wonderful, caring, helpful, and strong my God is. Oh, there were times when I honestly didn't think I would ge through, but God saved the day, as always. And He showed me that I can't do it in my strength. He's just amazing and so wonderful and He's the only reason I've gotten to where I am today. It's nothing I've done, it's all Him!

So, I have one semester after this one and then I'm done. What then? Well, over Christmas I'm going to apply for a teaching position in Korea. I really hope it works out! If not, you know what? God will bring along the place that He wants me the most. Right now, it seems like that place is Korea. But, I'm open to change, because I can't see the whole picture. Only pieces of the puzzle. If God showed us the whole puzzle, compelted and done, we would probably have a nervous breakdown. But instead, He gives us one small piece at a time, no more than we can handle. Then, we are able to start putting it all together. A happy time here, a harship there, a weakness, a strength. They all work together for good. God, of course, has the box and He can see the whole picture printed on the front. But, until we get to Heaven (I can't wait!) we will only have little bits at a time. God still knows what He's doing.

Speaking of God knowing what He's doing...I got this great awful ear infection on Thursday night. I mean this thing is PAINFUL. I was thinking...God, what's going on? I'm teaching my full weeks and I can barely get through the day I'm in so much pain! Can't you give this after I finish student teaching or something? I'd be happy to take a trial and learn from it then. Hmmm...What a great response, huh? Well, I've been realizing, through the pain, that He's still in control (imagine that) and that I can still get strength from Him. Even if it doesn't SEEM like I'll make it, I will. Even if it SEEMS too much to bear, it's not. Nothing is too hard for my God! So, throw that trial in on top of my trial of student teaching and watch God take care of it all!

Time for lesson planning and portfolio time! Happy happy joy joy! Peace.

No comments: